Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday, February 21, 2010

It doesn't make me nauseous to think of posting to my blog anymore, so I'll post some news.  I've been back at school teaching 3 hours a day since Tuesday the 16th, and will continue the same Monday through Wednesday of this week.  I'm feeling pretty good today, although my abdomen hurts when I take a deep breath.  Last week I felt the same but had (left) shoulder pains, my heart hurt and I just felt miserable.  Friday I spoke with Nurse Shelly at Dr. Chohan's office and she told me that my body really took a hit with the chemo embolization procedure and that my pains mean the chemo is killing the tumors in my liver.  She told me to take my pain pills (which I do at night since they knock me out), and to take 2 Naproxen in the morning and 2 in the evening, and to take 2 Pepcid in the morning and 2 in the evening.  Those things really help the discomfort, but I still have a low energy level. 

Danny and I went to a Chinese buffet last night and the food actually had flavor!  I ate 2 plates full plus a cookie for dessert!  Today I've nibbled all day long...not necessarily healthy food, but food with flavor, so maybe there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thursday I report to Baptist Hospital at 7:00 a.m. and am scheduled at 12:30 for my second chemo embolization.  (Hopefully I'll go in on time!!)  This time I'm not so excited about it and am actually dreading it because I dread the recovery process.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised...I AM better prepared this time...I have lesson plans ready through Friday, March 12.

Thank you to all of you following my blog, sending cards, calling to check on me and praying for me!!  I feel very loved and cared for.  Until the next time, "The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention."  Duguet  (I have lots of good intentions, and fortunately for me, you do good deeds!)

2 comments:

  1. The people at the Chinese restaurant probably were wondering where all that food you were eating was going! Glad you feel better prepared that will help you concentrate on your recovery better this time. I will be praying for you on Thursday that it all goes as scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog.
    Wanted to let you know I continue to pray for you each and every day. Let me know if you ever need anything...even Chinese food! :)

    ReplyDelete