Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I survived the chemoembolization process, but it really got me down a lot worse than I had anticipated.  (I'll post those details later.)  I went home the day after the process and was miserable.  I felt like I had a sunburn, my mouth was grainy, I was nauseous, and food had absolutely no flavor.  Dr. Chohan called in a prescription for my grainy mouth, which has cleared up, and food is gradually beginning to have flavor, and if not flavor, then a sensation such as salty or sweet.

I had an appointment on Feb. 3 with Dr. Chohan, and learned I had a fever of 101.  She said it's the tumors dying in my liver, and that I'm responding exactly as I should.  Round 2 will be in early March, and the process will repeat itself.  I had planned to go back to school yesterday, but the fever is a daily pattern, beginning at 3:00 p.m. with chills which turn into a fever 3 hours later and it disappears by morning.  I haven't been in touch with Dr. Lee's office (the radiologist who performed the chemoembolization), so I think it's time to give him a call just to make sure everything is OK. 

I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers, phone calls and cards!  I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many caring friends and family and students and co-workers.  Please keep me in your prayers...my goal is to get up and around and back to school SOON so I can build up my strength and hopefully rebound a little better from the next procedure.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see that you have enough strength to post! I have been checking daily to get an update but Karen has been doing a great job keeping as up to date as possible. We are all praying for you but REMEMBER...lay low until you are ready to come back...it will all be there no matter when you return! We miss you at lunch! We have been eating in Kennemer's room until you return!

    ReplyDelete