Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Testing Begins

I went to OU Medical Center to have my blood drawn (6 vials!!!) on September 1.  When I checked in, I was told it would be about 5 minutes (I was the only patient there), which turned into 30 minutes.  The receptionist went back to check on why it was taking so long, and SHE was gone for an eternity.  Finally the vampire came out to get me and was very apologetic that I had to wait so long...they were having trouble finding what they needed to draw my blood???  I didn't quite understand the issue, but at least I didn't have to make another trip down there.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a call from Dr. Qubaiah's office regarding the octreotide scan and the CT scan I'm to have done at the end of September.  I requested Friday the 24th since we're out of school and late afternoon on the 23rd (for the injection prior) since we're out early that day.  Several days went by without a return phone call, so I called the person handling the scheduling and learned that it was in the process of being scheduled.  Several more days went by and I called again and learned that I have to go in the morning of the 22nd for the injection, the afternoon of the 23rd for the first scan and possibly the 24th for a second scan.  When I asked her about the MIBG I-123 scan, she said she has contacted Dr. Qubaiah's PA, who hasn't given her an answer regarding what is going on with that procedure, so I'm guessing she hasn't contacted Dr. Boudreaux.  I'm really frustrated...

1 comment:

  1. oh how frustrating. continuing to pray for you. i know how annoying it can be as far as medical scheduling/details can go...and it is so out of our control it sometimes seems overbearing! it will work out...but i get the frustrations! prayers your way!
    love, alisha

    ReplyDelete