Thursday, September 16, 2010

There's Light...

A couple of days have passed since I mailed "The Letter" to my oncologist, and I amazingly received a call this morning from the "scheduler" who let me know that she is in the process of getting my MIBG I scan scheduled.  When I got home from school, I had a message from the oncologist's PA stating that she had spoken with Dr. Woltering in New Orleans and he still wants the test run (DUH!!!) so she's in the process of getting it scheduled.  Maybe between the two of them, it will get scheduled before I go for my appointment...

As for the two blood draws that the lab needs, I thought I had better find out what the tests were for, so I called today.  Sure enough, one of them is a test to see how much octreotide is left in my system toward the end of the month.  I had my shot on the 8th, so it's pointless to have that test run now.  The person I spoke with told me they had never even heard of this particular test, so I'm not feeling too confident in the expertise of the OU Medical Center when it comes to carcinoid...

No comments:

Post a Comment