Thursday, February 2, 2012

Love is in the Air (or Maybe it's Severe Weather)

Yesterday was 2-1-12, a "fact" I find worthless but cool.  The weather has been in the upper 60's, which has been nice, but I'm sure wanting a snow day!!  Instead, there's a chance for severe weather tonight and tomorrow with a good amount of rain on the way.  Something's going to happen...I came home and was dead to the world for nearly two hours this evening. 

Today is Groundhog's Day, and I never have heard whether he saw his shadow.  Either way, I'm doubtful that any snow is in our future.  Good thing I took a picture of the "drift" on the deck...that's probably all I'll get to see this year!

Had a bad tummy day today thanks to the tacos and jalapeno dip we had for dinner last night.  I know what the next day brings, but sometimes I just crave that stuff!  This, too, shall pass, and I made it through the day so everything is good (or will be in a day or two!)

The guest speaker from earlier this week came back today to talk to my marriage and family students about housing and mortgages, etc.  Tomorrow they will be going to the computer lab to find a house for the family they are creating in class.  So far, they've only drawn for their careers/salaries and those of their spouses, and they bugged me everyday after that about when they would get to draw for how many children they have.  I sprung it on them yesterday and they were so excited.  Some have twins, some have 6, and they were still talking about it today.  I'm glad they're having so much fun with it, and am glad that they were so inquisitive of our guest speaker.  99% of them had no clue about down payments, or utility deposits, etc.  Now if only they can/will remember what they're learning and apply it when the time comes, they'll be in good shape.

I had two students bring packages of diapers for the "Diaper Dash" we're having this month to collect diapers for the Youth and Family Services agency.  My classes are in competition to see which one can bring the most diapers to support the cause.  It warms my heart when the students reach outside themselves and show compassion.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment