Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wishin' and Hopin'

Time to get caught up on my journeying once again.  The days certainly slip away quickly with way too much to do and too little time.

Friday my "I Don't Like This Class" student struck again.  This student aspires to be a teacher, so we had a discussion about that very topic.  She said she's going to be one of the cool teachers that all her students will come back and see, and they won't do bookwork but hands-on projects all the time.  She will also have a drawer full of gum so when her students want gum, she'll gladly give it to them.  The voice of experience popped up to inform her that the gum she will so freely give out will wind up on the bottoms of the desk/table tops.  She didn't have much to say after that.  The whole conversation started because we are learning about buying a house, mortgages, taxes and insurance, etc.  She doesn't understand why she needs to learn it now...why not wait until the time comes, yada, yada, yada.

Friday afternoon, the assistant principal called to see if she could "have" the sub I have scheduled for tomorrow (I'll be taking a group of students to FCCLA competition).  I told her she could not, because he's the only sub I've had all year and he knows how I do things and follows my lesson plans.  It seems he has accepted a long-term assignment for a teacher who is having a baby, and she was having contractions, so his long-term assignment begins tomorrow.  The AP asked who my Plan B sub is and I simply don't have one, so I'm back to square one.  It's such a bonus to have someone I can trust to do what I work so hard to put together for when I'm gone.  Hopefully that will happen again.

Saturday morning, Jess and I worked the ACT test.  When I was going to the test, I noticed that Mom and Dad's mailbox was mowed down, as were both of their neighbors'.  I called her and she said they knew when it happened on Friday night...it sounded like a car ran into a brick wall...and when they looked out the window, they couldn't tell what kind of vehicle it was because by that time it was already a quarter of a mile down the road.  It's a wonder the vehicle was driveable due to the damage it caused, and...the front bumper was left at the scene of the crime!

Saturday night I finally got my birthday dinner.  We were both sick around the time of my birthday, so we finally made it to Joe's crabshack for seafood.  Now we have Valentine's Day coming up...wonder when we'll celebrate that event??

Not much is going on today...just the usual Sunday cooking and laundry and preparation for the week ahead.  I keep checking the radar and wishin' and hopin' for that snow and even sleet.  Gotta have it at least once this winter!!

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment