Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where Did the Weekend Go?

Friday was a pretty uneventful day except for a bit of a downpour after lunch.  I happened to walk through the foods lab and noticed water dripping from the vent hood over one of the cooktops.  A sizeable puddle had formed by the time I saw it, but the matter was addressed quickly by the front office and maybe the problem will be taken care of soon.

By the end of the day, I was on my last leg and after our usual Friday night date dinner at Poquitos, I crashed and woke up toward the end of the first half of the Thunder game.  Fortunately, the outcome was good, but not so much on Saturday night.  They were just no match for Parker's 3 point shots.  I'm sad this week because their games are out west and "late" so there's no way I can watch beyond the first half.  I guess that's better than not being able to watch at all.

Saturday I took a carload of recycling to the center, and that always makes me feel good.  I usually have a dumpster's worth and am glad to know that the landfill will be short that much trash.  My students recycle as well, though not as dilitently as I would like, but I try to make an impression.


After having turned off the alarm at 5:30 this morning, (I knew Danny would soon be getting up and I didn't have to be up for church until 6:30) I awoke abruptly at 6:15 in a panic.  I thought it was Monday and I was going to be late for work.  Was my heart ever pounding!!  I hope that wasn't a premonition of the near future!!  I know it's bound to happen...it's just a matter of when!

I'm happy to say that I FINISHED the quilt (except for sewing on the label, which I have already made)!!!!  What a relief to finally have it done!  Now I can start one of the other 37,000 projects lurking in my mind.  I certainly hope the recipient likes it...Jess still isn't convinced that it's as cool as I perceive it, and Danny has had the wisdom to keep his remarks to himself.  I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

Danny and I tried the "new" Japanese hibachi restaurant which opened in Yukon recently, Tokyo Moon.  I thought it was good, but Danny wasn't quite as impressed, especially for what it cost the two of us to eat.  I was just worried that my wig had gotten singed when the chef lit the grill on fire!!  Fotunately, all hairs were intact and unharmed.

So while reading the "Tuscan Holiday" I mentioned to Jess that we should take a mother-daughter trip this summer and visit some places in her book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die" (or something like that).  She excitedly began researching and came up with a couple places she was interested in and today we decided on Chicago, for their annual food festival.  We're both really excited and anxious to go...Danny is apprehensive about the 2 of us alone in a car for 10-11 hours.  I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!

Happy Trails!


1 comment: