Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fourth Day, Fourth Step

Today's step was tentative and tired.  Yesterday I had bloodwork done and found out that my platelets are fairly low, which explains the constant nose bleed I had all day (yesterday) and well into the midnight hour.  When I finally fell asleep, it seemed I had barely blinked an eye before the alarm went off and I met the day.  It seems many of us had a cross to bear...so many people complained of being really tired today.  I guess it will take a few days to get back in the swing of things.

At the risk of jinxing the situation, I seem to have a really good group of students this semester.  My  evlauating principal spoke to all my classes yesterday about my health issues and how to handle things if they feel sick in my class.  "The talk" worked really well last semester and I got sick only once, with some type of sinus/head junk.  I'm so appreciative of the support system I have at work; everyone has been and continues to be so kind, caring and concerned.

I'm excited to have a new class in my line-up...Housing and Home Furnishings.  I've never taught it before, but given my love for decorating and HGTV, I'm anxious for the opportunity.  My freshman class will be studying foods this 9 weeks, so I demonstrated how to make chocolate biscuits today.  I saw the recipe in the paper recently and it sounded really good, so I gave it a shot.  It turns out that the aide who went to Walmart to get supplies yesterday failed to put the groceries away, including the milk needed in the recipe, so after having sat on the counter all night I had to use water as the liquid.  The flavor and texture were greatly impacted, plus I wasn't able to make the chocolate sauce to serve with the biscuits.  Can't wait to discuss the results tomorrow!!  Just goes to show that none of us is successful in the kitchen all the time.

I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight...meatball sandwiches.  While good enough, I have some tweaking to do to improve the flavor, and  am anxiousto do so.  Jessica's opinion was that the meatballs were too big and I knew Danny wouldn't like them, so I made him a burger.  We'll see what I can come up with.

Until tomorrow, Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment