Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29, the Twenty-Ninth Step

The past three days have been busy ones, but I've kept stepping.  Friday always brings with it a wave of exhaustion from pushing myself throughout the week.  I DID, however, wake up from my post-dinner slumber in time to watch the Thunder play, having missed only a few minutes of the first quarter.  They are amazing to watch, and I am certainly hooked!  I'm not too happy about all the west coast games during the next few days...I just cannot stay up for a 9:30 game and get up at 5:30 the next morning for school!

Saturday was business as usual, meaning my weekly trip to Walmart (yea!).  I was able to get my Saturday afternoon nap, which energizes me for the week ahead.  I finished a book I began last Saturday, "Tuscan Holiday" about a mom and daughter who didn't see eye-to-eye.  It was well-written, with short chapters and it was hard to put it down.  Aside from the fact that after their Tuscan holiday, their relationship changed (for the better), two things jumped out at me:  that a journey is made one step at a time, and one of the characters aspired to visit Maine to see a real, live moose.  Hmmm...

Today I made the usual homemade biscuits for breakfast, homemade bread, and shrimp scampi for lunch.  Jess came home, and I showed her the quilt I'm about to finish.  She still is not sold on my choice of colors (they don't go together or match) and the main fabric still looks like 80's graffiti to her.  Danny asked me what look I was going for and I told him I wasn't really going for a look and he told me I achieved my goal.  Very funny!  I don't care what they say...I think it's bright and colorful and coordinated and baby Sawyer will love it!!  I'm finished with the borders, now all I have to do is put on the binding and I'll be done!

So, two more days left in January and 1/12 of 2012 will be history.  I do not know where the time goes, but it certainly waits for no one.  I'm feeling great and counting my blessings everyday, and have so many things I want to accomplish this year.  I made a bucket list for 2012, but so far haven't been able to check anything off.  I guess there's always New Year's Eve!!

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment