Sunday, January 8, 2012

Januay 8, The Eighth Step

Today we celebrated the Epiphany at church, even though Friday was the actual date.  The 12th day of Christmas.  Time to take down the decorations and store them for another year.  Not enjoying the defrocking as much as the decorating, I put it off and off and off, but finally manged to get the decorations off the tree.  Now it's Danny's turn to box it up and heft it into the loft in the garage.  As for packing and storing the decorations, that's on tomorrow's to-do list.  At least I've begun the process...

Beyond that, we shared the day with Jessica, and chilled since it was a cool, overcast day.  She requested spaghetti and homemade bread, which I made, and she and Danny were both most complimentary of the results of my efforts.  Sometimes things don't have much flavor to me and today was one of those days, so I'll just go with their opinions and say it was great!

I had nosebleed again today, which seems to be happening quite frequently.  I'm afraid my platelets are still low, but I guess I'll find out all about that when I go to the doctor tomorrow.  Jess told me today that on a recent episode of Grey's Anatomy, they had a patient with carcinoid.  I didn't see it so I don't know how informative it was, but I'm glad it's becoming more public.  People certainly need to become more informed and take their health into their own hands.  We trust health-care workers to guide us in the right direction, but sometimes our gut feelings are more spot-on than their medical diagnoses.

That about sums up our Sunday.  I had a couple of really good naps, so I'm ready to hit the ground running tomorrow.  I'm still dealing with the printer power cord issue and can't decide whether to just get the cord (my invisible one isn't working) or spend a few more $ and get a new printer (even though I've had mine only a few months)...

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment