Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14, the Fourteenth Step

Today was a really great day!  Jess came home and went to the OKC winter quilt show with me.  It has been a few years since I last went, and it seemed to be a lot smaller than what I remember.  We picked our tickets up at will call and even though it was a few minutes before 10 a.m. (the official opening time) there were people milling about the exhibits, so we headed that direction.  We were quickly halted by the Nazi at the will call booth, who demanded to know where we were going.  When I managed to get a reply out, she informed us that the show didn't open until 10 and we were to have a seat "over there".  After having figured out where "over there" was, we bought some over-priced nuts and had a seat to kill the 5 minutes remaining until the clock struck 10.

It didn't take us a tremendous amount of time to go through the booths, but an ink dye technique caught our attention, so after having seen everything we wanted to see we went back to the booth and purchased a kit.  The results (of the demo) were really cool, so hopefully, we can figure it out.

We sat in on a lecture about fabric embellishments and the facilitator had some beautiful creations to share with the attendees.  I bought her book and hope to implement some of her techniques in projects this year.

Jess and I had lunch at the Iguana Grill downtown (it was to die for!) then called it a day.  Danny texted her during our venture and told her not to argue with me (we tend to butt heads since we're so much alike) and we had a good chuckle because we had a wonderful morning together.  I took a long winter's nap when we got home, then Danny and I went out for Chinese food and are now settled in to Thunder up.  This is my last day to be 55, and while I don't feel 55, it's kind of disheartening to be on the back side of middle age...

Until tomorrow, Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment