Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 13, the Thirteenth Step

Friday the 13th!  It was an uneventful day with the exception of my upcoming birthday.  The principals always have the library deliver balloons, a beverage and a sweet treat to staff members for their birthday, which of course leads the students to ask when the big day is.  I received many "happy birthdays" and my freshman class even sang to me!  I was quite touched by their gesture...we've come a long way.

Monday is a professional development day, but I'm taking a personal day to get my life in order and give my tummy a rest from stress for a day.  I'll be gone Tuesday because my dad is having surgery on his left eye, so I was scrambling to get plans and copies ready before I left school.  Again with the locked principal's office, promptly at 4, and I had nowhere else to print what I needed to print.  I will be soooo happy when my printer cord arrives and am going to be soooo disappointed if it doesn't work!

Danny has been under the weather the past couple of days.  When I got home Thursday evening, he was prone on the couch and his face was beet-red.  Fortunately, no stomach issues were involved, only head and sinus issues, but I could tell he felt pretty poorly.  Friday he worked a few hours then came home to rest.  There's a LOT of that stuff going around...and those who have it seem pretty miserable.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend he'll be up and at 'em!

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment