Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Sixth Step, January 6

Well, I'm sad to say that the power cord would not fit my printer, but I'm still most grateful to the young man at Staples who took a moment to care.  Meanwhile, I find it extremely stressful that I do not have the capability to print something in my classroom!  The closest printer is not many yards from my room, but this is how things went down on Friday:  I sent something to print (which I needed to give the students during that class period) and the toner was out.  Another hour I sent something else (which I needed to give to the students that hour) and the paper tray was empty and the person printing the ba-zillion packets was nowhere to be found.  At the end of the day, I was trying to get lesson plans ready for my sub on Monday (I have an oncologist appointment) and when I went to pick up my class rosters from the copier, I asked the secretary how long she would be there (5-10 minutes) and I hadn't even begun to type Monday's instructions!!  And of course, my key won't unlock that office door, but the secretary graciously left the door ajar so I could go pick up my copy (nearly 30 minutes later).  Something is definitely wrong with this picture!!

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment