Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, the Twenty-sixth Step

I've kept journey-ing, but haven't been able to sign in on my blog for several days, and I can feel the tension building.  Talk about frustrating!  Sometimes I get so mad at Yahoo I feel like heaving my laptop off the Devon tower!!  But, I'm up and running (at least for the time being), so I'm going to get caught up on the excitement that is my life...

Jessica and I went to the Home and Garden Show last Saturday afternoon (big mistake) and was it ever crowded!!  My intent for going was to pick up some current information to use in my housing and home furnishings class.  Between all the strollers and scooters and boozers waiting in line for samples of the frozen wine concoctions, I couldn't see many displays (or get to them) and  all I wanted to do was get out of that place fast.  I think we made it through four of the five buildings and called it quits in less than an hour.  It was nice to spend time with Jess but we were both tired and frazzled.

This week has been a good one, and has gone by the class.  Never would I have thought of telling one of my teachers something like that, much less say it, and especially in the middle of a discussion!!  My how students have changed over the years!  The "Lunch Bunch" constantly discussions situations just like that one and the lack of tact is not limited to one or two classes...it's across the board.  Teaching is NOT for the faint of heart!!

I've been working diligently on the baby blanket I had hoped to have finished over Christmas break.  I have now advanced to the outside borders (I have one sewn on) and once I complete those, all I have to do is sew on the binding, make the label, and sew it on.  Jessica did not like the fabrics I chose at all, (she said the main fabric looks like 80's graffiti) so I was somewhat apprehensive about using it, but I must say that the colors are coming together quite nicely.  It will be colorful if nothing else, and hopefully the new mom and baby will enjoy it.  Her doctor was inducing labor today, but I haven't heard if she has had the baby yet.  As usual, my gift is better late than never!!

That's about the extent of things, so until the next time, Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment