Monday, January 2, 2012

The Second Step

The second step of my journey created mass chaos.  I made the mistake of going to Walmart and Kohl's, and while I was able to finally do some after-Christmas shopping for next year's supplies, my dining room table has once again become the catch-all for most of it.  However, my to-do list this week includes taking down the tree and packing it all away, so that will help create some order.

I spent a good portion of the afternoon grading so I can input grades by tomorrow's deadline of 4:00.  Unfortunately, the remote capability of entering grades at home won't work on our internet, so I have my work cut out for me at school tomorrow.  The good news is that I have a sub all day because my dad has an appointment, so I'll have a couple of hours before the appointment to get things done.

Another chunk of my step today went toward completing a "Me Collage" to share with my students.  I made it on a boot box and will encourage them to recycle something on which to make theirs this week, rather than using the usual poster board.  It turned out well, but there's just no end...I keep finding things to add (and I'm about out of room) and keep thinking of things I left off (and I'm about out of room).  It's fun to see how much mine has changed since the one I made 5-ish years ago.  What a journey I've had, and I'm grateful for every step!

As my winter break comes to a screeching halt, I'm glad for all the things I set out to do and actually accomplished, but have no remorse for the things I didn't get done.  The biggest task at hand (next to un-decorating) is to make a baby quilt for a teacher who is due in the very near future.  Her baby shower was on December 10, but since I was unable to attend, I decided to focus on the project over break.  However, between having to majorly de-stress and finish Christmas tasks and the bland embolization procedure (and recovery), I simply ran out of time.  Perhaps the third step...

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment