Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 20, the Twentieth Step

It was payday, jeans day and Fri-day, so it just doesn't get much better than that!  My second day back this week found me with a scratchy throat and sinus pressure, but enough energy to get me through the day and get some good things accomplished.  As usual, I stayed until nearly 5 p.m. entering grades until I became cross-eyed and had to give up the ghost.  When I got home, I asked Danny if he was ready to go eat, and he told me "not just yet".  Usually he's chomping at the bit to go the minute I hit the door, so his response surprised me.  I was surprised yet again when the door opened and in walked Jessica!  It was pretty cool.

My freshmen began cooking today, making homemade biscuits.  There were 6 students in 2 kitchens and I must say that both batches turned out great!  Both were very tasty and the texture was great, and BEST of all, they did a great job cleaning up their messes!  Two more days of lab next week, then we'll begin making pies with homemade crusts.  They're a really good group, and I enjoy them a lot.

The lunch bunch celebrated January birthdays (there are 2 of us) and in addition to a really sweet card and wishes, I'm the proud owner of a Sonic gift card!!  Lots of Route 44's in my future!

Until next time, Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment