Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday, January 18, the 18th Step

Step 18 found me down for the count.  My hot shower cleared my head temporarily, but I just couldn't find it in myself to go to school.  I wasn't sure I had all the codes and numbers needed to submit an absence, but with some Divine intervention, I was able to get the sick day entered and acquire my go-to sub.  With all that handled, I settled in for what I had hoped would be a long, healing nap.  Instead, I got a fitful one and woke with a start around 9:00 a.m. thinking I had slept in and was very late for work!  What a relief to realize I was where I was supposed to be!

I called my oncologist's office and my MD to see if they could suggest something over the counter that I could take to relieve some of my sypmptoms, and both suggested Mucinex, which worked really well!  How nice to get rid of the headache, pain behind my eyes, and the sinus pressure!  By evening, I felt like I was on the road to recovery!  Danny still had to cook his own dinner, but he suffered through it.

Epiphany of the day:  sometimes you just have to give in and let your body heal.  Until next time, Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment