Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, the Eleventh Step

And the beat goes on...I called the office supply store in search of a printer which uses the inkjet cartridges I have stockpiled for my defunct printer, explained my situation, and the kind person at the other end of the line said she would check into it for me and see if she might be able to get a power cord for me for less than I had been quoted by HP.  That way, I wouldn't have to buy a new printer and would be able to use the one I've had since August, 2011.  I'm not going to hold my breath, nor am I going to get hopeful that this will be resolved anytime soon, but it would certainly be nice if she could pull it off. 

I called the local Radio Shack to see if they carried any type of generic power cords, and received about as much care and assistance as if I had asked for an abortion clinic!  Needless to say, I won't be going there.

On a positive note, the Miss YHS applications have hit the street, and I had several young ladies come by to pick one up.  Hopefully we'll have around 20 girls, which will be a lot of fun.

On another positive note, I've noticed a HUGE difference in my demeanor since I've been on this blogging journey daily (sort of).  I had heard that journaling is a great stress reliever, and it certainly works!  Now that the artic blast has hit (sounds like the north wind is going to blow the house down!) I'm going to hunker down under a couple of blankets and watch the Thunder and Hornets play.  Until tomorrow, "Happy Trails".

No comments:

Post a Comment