Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, the Ninth Step

Today found me feeling a little puny.  I was glad I had doctors' appointments because I didn't feel well enough to go to work, yet I would not have called in.  I got up early with great intentions of accomplishing something before my first appointment, but crawled back into bed after I got dressed.  When I got home, I had plans to do something before I had to leave for my next appointment this afternoon, but again, I crawled into bed until it was time to leave.  Guess you just have to do that sometimes.

My blood counts were low, so I had to have my Anaresp shot.  My platelets are low, but not low enough to have a transfusion.  Dr. Armor thought I looked good and since I seem to be doing good, I don't have to go back until the first part of April.  Before my next visit, I'll have to have a PET scan to check the results of the bland embolization.  All good news!!

This afternoon, I went in for my monthly Sandostatin shot.  The needle clogged, so the nurse had to inject me a second time.  I'm sure I'll feel those results within a day or so!

Mom also had an appointment with Dr. Armor, and he can't figure out why her blood counts are all out of whack.  Of the options available to her, she chose to drop some of her non-essential daily supplements, one at a time, then have labwork done to see if there are any changes.  Everything is the same as it was in November, so at least things are not getting any worse.

I'm happy to say that all my Christmas things are packed up and in the closet!!!  Now we'll see how long it takes Danny to dismantle the tree and put it away!  I also did some light cleaning, made "Steak Bombs" for dinner (I'll post a picture) and finished cutting out fabric squares for a quilt.  One of my co-workers is due the last week of January and I'm now in baby quilt mode until I get it finished.  It's a simple design so it shouldn't take too long. 

Jessica and I are going to the OKC Winter Quilt Show this Saturday and I'm really excited for that!  I haven't been in several years.  I just hope she isn't bored to tears!

Going to call it a day, I think, so Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment