Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!  As 2012 gets off to a rolling start, I am setting off on my inspirational "journey".  For nearly 56 years I have woven my way through life, not appreciating as much or as deeply as I should have the people, places and things which I have had the good fortune to encounter.  I don't know if it has something to do with being "middle-aged" or if I had an epiphany, but I have come to the realization that time is limited and most people don't get an advanced warning of when their time will come.  I look back at all the time I've wasted, the clutter I've collected, the opportunities I passed up, and am now on a journey to utelize every minute, reduce, seize the moment. 

I know it won't happen overnight, and when I take stock, I become extremely overwhelmed, but my motto today is, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." (Lao Tzu)  How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.  How do you make a journey?  One step at a time.  Happy Trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment